We are a family owned and proudly Western Australian based self storage facility.
We offer secure storage space in both 20′ and 40′ sea containers at our Armadale premises .
- Tradespersons needing storage space
- Businesses needing space for plant and equipment
- Household possessions
A Practical Guide
Is self storage right for you?
Self storage is safe, convenient and cost effective and has many benefits, whether you are a business or domestic user wishing to avail yourself of extra space, or storing your property temporarily while making a move.
It is different to warehousing or managed storage in that you have complete control over access to your goods. Only you have the keys to your storage space and within specified operating hours can access your goods as many times as you wish without further cost.
Self storage also offers flexibility of rental period. There is no obligation to take a fixed lease with the obvious cost savings. Our minimum rental period is one month.
Visit us at our Armadale premises and we are sure that for value, security and quality, you’ll agree that South West Storage Solutions is hard to beat.
Before you start
Things you need to consider on making your decision:
- Complete an inventory of what you will be moving.
- Photograph your belongings, particularly valuable or unique items.
- Make a note of serial numbers on electronic equipment.
- Obtain packing materials, for example, strong boxes, good quality packing tape, bubble wrap, plastic wrap, wrapping paper and markers. Packaging Blankets and towels can also be useful to cushion fragile items.
- Arrange for your mail to be forwarded and essential services to be notified of your departure date (such as the Transport department, utility companies, banks, newspaper deliveries, and lawn services).
- Check your insurance requirements. Is moving covered? ‘Storage Insurance’
- Arrange movers, truck rental companies.
- Make a reservation with South West Storage Solutions. We require you to complete a written agreement before moving in. Please read carefully and feel free to ask questions. Our friendly staff are more than willing to assist you in any way with the moving process.
- Start by packing items you use infrequently.
- Pack important items (such as photographs, wills, jewelry and other important documents) separately, so these can be moved with you personally, or stored separately in a safety deposit box.
- Fragile items should be packed loosely, with plenty of cushioning. Label the box ‘FRAGILE’ and place toward the top of your piles.
- Pack books flat to protect their spines.
- Don’t overload boxes. Put heavy items in smaller boxes to make them easier to carry.
- If possible electronic items and appliances should be packed in the original boxes and taped securely.
- Check your owner’s manual for any moving instructions for appliances and electronic equipment.
- Make sure all the loose parts in your fridge are secure. Any exposed coils should be padded to protect them during the move.
When disassembling your bed use tape or rope to bind the frames together.
- Wrap drawers with a blanket or old linen. Do not apply tape directly to polished or painted wood finishes. Removing your tape could damage the finish.
- Wrap sofas, cushions and mattresses in plastic wrap or cover with dust sheet.
- Cover your tables/outdoor furniture with a blanket or old linen. Remove legs if possible. Always wrap the nuts and bolts in a plastic bag and secure them to a leg.
- Carpets and rugs should be rolled up and secured with tape or rope.
- Small mirrors and pictures should be carefully wrapped and packed in boxes. Cardboard should be used to cover large pictures, mirrors etc.
- Wrap sharp edges on any tools to prevent possible injury. Power tools should be packed with plenty of cushioning. Tie or tape your tool chests closed. To retard rust wipe all metal surfaces with machine oil.
- Carefully dispose of the fuel and oil from your lawnmower and other machinery, as well as any flammable or poisonous household products.
- Label all boxes for easy identification.
- Place items in front that will be accessed frequently. Allow for walkways.
- Store lighter boxes/fragile items on top.
- There are prohibited storage goods that every storage facility will NOT allow. See self storage contract for details.
- Leave a small space between the container wall and your storage items to allow for ventilation.
Pack your boxes and other items as close together as possible to avoid moisture accumulating between them.
- Store fridges with door ajar.
- Place storage items on pallets to guard against dampness.
- Sofas and mattresses may be stored on end. Ensure they are adequately wrapped, preferably in plastic.
- Ensure your container is securely locked. High quality padlocks can be purchased from our facility.
- 3 Eliot Road, Armadale, Western Australia. 6112
- 0428 889 222
- Access Hours: 7am to 7pm, 7 days a week